I had a lot of hesitations about that but at last I decided to open a new etsy shop. From the very start I dreamed to set up a very small brand not only for jewelry but for some usefull things to. Like totes, for example.
I can't remeber when and how but few month ago I had that idea to upcycle old mens shirts and make pretty casual bags with that fabric. May be because men shirts look so fancy and they are often thrown away because of colar and cuffs.
I collect shirts I like from second hand shops, wash them in a machine and iron. After that I do this:
I am satisfied with te result beacuse of few reasons:
1. It's eco friendly because it is re-used.
2. They look fun with this buttons on the front.
3. It is original.
4. Every tote is one of a kind because I can't find to same shirts. The chance is very little.
5. They are useful. If you don't use them like everyday bag it still can be used for shopping.
6. It can be worn by a guy or a girl.
So while shooting my summer lookbook I made few photos of my new totes. I only have 4 of them recently. When I was in my sewing mood I sew up like a dozen of them. But gave them to my Mom and friends so that is what is left. -)